STROLL DRIVER (DELIVERY) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AGREEMENT BETWEEN STROLL DRIVER AND STROLL TECH, INC FOR SOFTWARE LICENSE, AND ONLINE SERVICES AGREEMENT
This Stroll Driver, Software License, and Online Services Agreement (“Agreement”) constitutes a binding agreement and contract between you, an individual (“you”) and Stroll Tech Inc. (as applicable, “Company”).
Stroll Tech Inc. (“Stroll”), provides lead generation to independent providers of rideshare or peer-to- peer (collectively, “P2P”) passenger transportation services using the Stroll Services (as defined below). The Stroll Services enable an authorized transportation service provider to seek, receive and fulfill requests for transportation services from an authorized user of Stroll’s mobile applications. You desire to enter into this Agreement for the purpose of accessing and using Stroll’s Services.
You acknowledge and agree that the Company is a technology services provider that does not provide transportation services.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT TO USE THE STROLL SERVICES, YOU MUST AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. PLEASE REVIEW THE ARBITRATION PROVISION SET FORTH BELOW CAREFULLY, AS IT WILL REQUIRE YOU TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH THE COMPANY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION.
BY VIRTUE OF YOUR ELECTRONIC OR PHYSICAL EXECUTION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE ARBITRATION PROVISIONS, AND HAVE TAKEN YOUR TIME TO UNDERSTAND AND CONSIDER THE CONSEQUENCES OF THIS IMPORTANT BUSINESS DECISION.
Article 1: Definitions
- “Affiliate” means an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, is under the control of, or is under common control with a party, where control means having more than fifty percent (50%) of the voting stock or other ownership interest or the majority of the voting rights of such entity.
- “City Addendum” means an addendum to this Agreement setting forth additional Territory- specific terms, as updated by Stroll from time to time.
- “Company Data” means all data related to the access and use of the Stroll Services hereunder, including all data related to Users (including User Information), all data related to the provision of Transportation Services via the Stroll Services and the Driver App, and the Driver ID.
- “Company Device” means a mobile device owned or controlled by Company that is provided to you or obtained by you solely for your use of the Driver App to provide Transportation Services.
- “Device” means a Company Device or Your Device, as the case may be.
- “Equipment” means any and all objects given to you by Company to include, advertising hardware and software, signage, phone holders, charging cables, monitors, etc.
- “Driver App” means the mobile application provided by Company that enables transportation providers to access the Stroll Services for the purpose of seeking, receiving and fulfilling on demand requests for transportation services by Users, as may be updated or modified from time to time.
- “Driver ID” means the identification and password key assigned by the Company to you that enables you to use and access the Driver App.
- “Fare” has the meaning set forth in Article 4A.
- “Service Fee” has the meaning set forth in Article 4D.
- “Territory” means the city or metro areas in the United States or its territories in which you are enabled by the Driver App to provide Transportation Services.
- “Tolls” means any applicable road, bridge, ferry, tunnel and airport charges and fees, including inner-city congestion, environmental or similar charges as reasonably determined by the Stroll Services based on the available information.
- “Transportation Services” means your provision of P2P transportation services to Users via the Stroll Services in the Territory using the Vehicle.
- “Stroll Services” mean Stroll’s on-demand lead generation and related services licensed by Stroll to Company that enable transportation providers to seek, receive and fulfill on-demand requests for transportation services by Users seeking transportation services, which services include Stroll’s software, websites, payment services as described in Article 4 below, and related support services systems, as may be updated or modified from time to time.
- “User” means an end user authorized by Stroll to use the Stroll mobile application for the purpose of obtaining Transportation Services offered by Company’s transportation provider customers.
- “User Information” means information about a User made available to you in connection with such User’s request for and use of Transportation Services, which may include the User’s name, pick-up location, contact information and photo.
- “Vehicle” means your vehicle that: (a) meets the then-current Company requirements for a vehicle on the Stroll Services; and (b) Company authorizes for your use for the purpose of providing Transportation Services.
- “Your Device” means a mobile device controlled by you: (a) that meets the then-current Company specifications for mobile devices as set forth by Stroll; and (b) on which the Driver App has been installed as authorized by Company solely for the purpose of providing Transportation Services
- Article 2: Use of the Stroll Services
- Driver IDs. Stroll will issue you a Driver ID to enable you to access and use the Driver App on a Device in accordance with this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that you are required to fulfill a request for Transportation Services using the Driver App at least once a week or $200.00 (Two Hundred US Dollars) in fares in a calendar month to maintain an active Driver profile, and Company reserves the right to deactivate your Driver ID if you have not fulfilled a request for Transportation Services using the Driver App at least once a week or met the minimum amount of fares set forth herein. You agree that you will maintain your Driver ID in confidence and not share your Driver ID with any third party. You will immediately notify the Company of any actual or suspected breach or improper use or disclosure of your Driver ID or the Driver App.
- Provision of Transportation Services. When the Driver App is active, User requests for Transportation Services may appear to you via the Driver App if you are available and in the vicinity of the User. Stroll Drivers MUST ACCEPT 80% (Eighty percent) of rides that come through the Driver App on a weekly basis. If you fail to meet the minimum acceptance rate set forth within this agreement, you will be disabled from the network temporarily and will pay a disable fee of $100.00 (One Hundred US Dollars), if you continue to fall below the minimum acceptance rate on more than one occasion, you will be permanently disabled from the network and pay a disable fee of $200.00 (Two Hundred US Dollars) for each month you are disabled if you do not meet the requirements set forth within this contract in accordance with Article 2, Section D of this agreement (Your relationship with Company).
If you accept a User’s request for Transportation Services, the Stroll Services will provide you with certain User Information via the Driver App, including the User’s first name and pickup location. It is recommended that you wait at least ten (10) minutes for a User to show up at the requested pick-up location. You will obtain the destination from the User, either in person upon pickup or from the Driver App if the User elects to enter such destination via Stroll’s mobile application.
You acknowledge and agree that once you have accepted a User’s request for Transportation Services, Stroll’s mobile application may provide certain information about you to the User, including your first name, contact information, photo and location, and your Vehicle’s make and license plate number. You shall not contact any Users for any reason except for the purposes of fulfilling Transportation Services.
As between Company and you, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) you shall be solely responsible, with the assistance of preferred software for determining the most effective, efficient and safe manner to perform each instance of Transportation Services; and, (b) except for the Stroll Services or any Company Devices (if applicable), you shall provide all necessary equipment, tools and other materials, at your own expense, necessary to perform Transportation Services.
- Your Relationship with Users. You acknowledge and agree that your provision of Transportation Services to Users creates a direct business relationship between you and the User. Company is not responsible or liable for the actions or inactions of a User in relation to your activities or your Vehicle.
You shall have the sole responsibility for any obligations or liabilities to Users or third parties that arise from your provision of Transportation Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for taking such precautions as may be reasonable and proper (including maintaining adequate insurance that meets the requirements of all applicable laws) regarding any acts or omissions of a User or third party.
You acknowledge and agree that the Company may release your contact and/or insurance information to a User upon such User’s reasonable request.
You acknowledge and agree that, unless specifically consented to by a User, you may not transport or allow inside your Vehicle individuals other than a User and any individuals authorized by such User, during the performance of Transportation Services for such User.
You acknowledge and agree that all Users should be transported directly to their specified destination, as directed by the applicable User, without unauthorized interruption or unauthorized stops.
- Your Relationship with Company. You acknowledge and agree that Company’s provision to you of the Driver App and the Stroll Services creates a direct contract relationship between Company and you. Company does not, and shall not be deemed to, direct or control you generally or in your performance under this Agreement specifically, including in connection with your provision of Transportation Services, your acts or omissions, or your operation and maintenance of your Vehicle. You retain the sole right to determine when and for how long you will utilize the Driver App and/or the Stroll Services but must not be less than six (6) months from the day this form has been signed or agreed upon. You retain the option, via the Driver App, to accept or to decline or ignore a User’s request for Transportation Services via the Stroll Services; but you must accept at least 80% (eighty percent) of all rides that come through the Driver App on a weekly basis, or to cancel an accepted request for Transportation Services via the Driver App, subject to Company’s then-current cancellation policies.
With the exception of any signage required by local law or permit/license requirements, Company may require you to: (a) display Company’s or any of its Affiliates’ names, logos or colors on your Vehicle(s); or (b) wear a uniform or any other clothing displaying Company’s or any of its Affiliates’ names, logos or colors at the Company’s sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that you have complete discretion to provide services or otherwise engage in other business or employment activities as long as it does not conflict with Article 2 Section F (Non-Compete).
- For the sake of clarity, you understand that you retain the complete right to; (i) use other software application services in addition to the Stroll Services; and (ii) engage in any other occupation or business that is not in competition with the Company. Company retains the right to, at any time at Company’s sole discretion, deactivate or otherwise restrict you from accessing or using the Driver App or the Stroll Services in the event of a violation of this Agreement, your disparagement of Company or any of its Affiliates, your act or omission that causes harm to Company’s or its Affiliates’ brand, reputation or business as determined by Company in its sole discretion, or for any other reason at the reasonable discretion of Company.
- Non-Compete You agree that during your term as an active driver with Company, and for a period of six (6) months thereafter, you will not, directly or indirectly, be involved as an employee, owner, sole proprietor, partner, director, member, consultant, agent, founder, co-venture, or otherwise, solely or jointly with others engage in any business that is in competition with Company within any geographic area in which Company conducts its business, or give advice or lend credit, money or Company’s reputation to any natural person or business entity engaged in a competing business in any geographic area in which Company conducts its business.
- You acknowledge and agree that: (a) after receiving Transportation Services, a User will be prompted by Stroll’s mobile application to provide a rating of you and such Transportation Services and, optionally, to provide comments or feedback about you and such Transportation Services; and (b) after providing Transportation Services, you will be prompted by the Driver App to provide a rating of the User and, optionally, to provide comments or feedback about the User. You shall provide your ratings and feedback in good faith.
- You acknowledge that the Company desires that Users have access to high-quality services via Stroll’s mobile application. In order to continue to receive access to the Driver App and the Stroll Services, you must maintain an average rating by Users that exceeds the minimum average acceptable rating established by Company for your Territory, as may be updated from time to time by Company in its sole discretion (“Minimum Average Rating”). In the event your average rating falls below the Minimum Average Rating, Company will notify you and may provide you, in Company’s discretion, a limited period of time to raise your average rating above the Minimum Average Rating.
If you do not increase your average rating above the Minimum Average Rating within the time period allowed (if any), Company reserves the right to deactivate your access to the Driver App and the Stroll Services. Additionally, you acknowledge that your repeated failure to accept User requests for Transportation Services while you are logged in to the Driver App creates a negative experience for Users of Stroll’s mobile application. If you do not wish to accept User requests for Transportation Services for a period of time, you will log off of the Driver App.
- Company and its Affiliates reserve the right to use, share and display your and User ratings and comments in any manner in connection with the business of Company and its Affiliates without attribution to you or your approval. You acknowledge and agree that Company and its Affiliates are distributors (without any obligation to verify) and not publishers of your and User ratings and comments, provided that Company and its Affiliates reserve the right to edit or remove comments in the event that such comments include obscenities or other objectionable content, include an individual’s name or other personal information, or violate any privacy laws, other applicable laws, or Company’s or its Affiliates’ content policies.
- Devices and Equipment. Company will supply you with Company Devices and provide the necessary wireless data plan for such Devices or connect you with a company who offers you a wireless data plan and/or a device, provided that Company may, at its discretion, require reimbursement from you for the costs associated with the wireless data plan of each Company Device and/or request a deposit for each Company Device. Company, at its sole discretion, may supply you with other equipment in order to fulfill your duties as a Driver.
You agree that: (a) Company Devices may only be used for the purpose of enabling your access to the Stroll Services; and (b) Company Devices and Equipment may not be transferred, loaned, sold or otherwise provided in any manner to any party other than you.
Company Devices and Equipment shall at all times remain the property of Company, and upon termination of this Agreement or your termination or deactivation, you agree to return to Company the applicable Company Devices and Equipment within ten (10) days.
You agree that failure to timely return any Company Devices and Equipment, or damage to Company Devices and/or Equipment outside of “normal wear and tear”, will result in the forfeiture of related deposits and a fee of $500.00 (Five Hundred US Dollars) that may be imposed if all Devices and Equipment are not returned. In the event you lose Company Devices and/or Equipment, you will be responsible for payment for lost/damaged Devices and/or Equipment at cost. If in the event all monies owed to Company is not paid in a timely manner, Company has the right to file a Court claim against you and you will be responsible for all reasonable legal fees and costs associated with collection of said monies.
- Location Based Services. You acknowledge and agree that your geo-location information must be provided to the Stroll Services via a Device in order to provide Transportation Services. You acknowledge and agree that: (a) your geo-location information will be monitored and tracked by the Stroll Services when you are logged into the Driver App and available to receive requests for Transportation Services or when you are providing Transportation Services; and (b) the approximate location of your Vehicle will be displayed to the User before and during the provision of Transportation Services to such User. In addition, Company and its Affiliates may monitor, track and share your geo-location information obtained by the Driver App and Device for their technical, marketing and commercial purposes, including to provide and improve their products and services.
- Article 3: You and Your Vehicle
A. Your Requirements. You acknowledge and agree that at all times, you shall: (a) hold and maintain (i) a valid driver’s license with the appropriate level of certification to operate your Vehicle, and (ii) all licenses, permits, approvals and authority applicable to you that are necessary to provide passenger transportation services to third parties in the Territory; (b) possess the appropriate and current level of training, expertise and experience to provide Transportation Services in a professional manner with due skill, care and diligence; and (c) maintain high standards of professionalism, service and courtesy. You acknowledge and agree that you may be subject to certain background and driving record checks from time to time in order to qualify you to provide, and remain eligible to provide, Transportation Services. You acknowledge and agree that the Company reserves the right, at any time in Company’s sole discretion, to deactivate or otherwise restrict you from accessing or using the Driver App or the Stroll Services if you fail to meet the requirements set forth in this Agreement.
B. Vehicle Requirements. You acknowledge and agree that your Vehicle shall at all times be: (a) properly registered and licensed to operate as a passenger transportation vehicle in the Territory; (b) owned or leased by you, or otherwise in your lawful possession; (c) suitable for performing the passenger transportation services contemplated by this Agreement; and (d) maintained in good operating condition, consistent with industry safety and maintenance standards for a Vehicle of its kind and any additional standards or requirements in the applicable Territory, and in a clean and sanitary condition; and, (e) be no older than 8 calendar years.
C. Documentation. To ensure your compliance with all requirements in Article 3 Section A and Article 3 Section B above, you must provide Company with written copies of all such licenses, permits, approvals, authority, registrations and certifications prior to your provision of any Transportation Services. Thereafter, you must submit to Company written evidence of all such licenses, permits, approvals, authority, registrations and certifications as they are renewed. Company shall, upon request, be entitled to review such licenses, permits, approvals, authority, registrations and certifications from time to time, and your failure to provide or maintain any of the foregoing shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement.
- Article 4: Financial Terms
A. Fare Calculation and Your Payment. You are entitled to charge a fare for each instance of completed Transportation Services provided to a User that are obtained via the Stroll Services (“Fare”), where such Fare is calculated based upon a base fare amount plus mileage and/or time amounts, as detailed for the applicable Territory (“Fare Calculation”). You are also entitled to charge User for any Tolls, or fees incurred during the provision of Transportation Services, and, if applicable. You: (i) appoint Company as your limited payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting the Fare, applicable Tolls and, fees from the User on your behalf via the payment processing functionality facilitated by the Stroll Services; and (ii) agree that payment made by User to Company shall be considered the same as payment made directly by User to you.
The parties acknowledge and agree that as between you and Company, the Fare is a recommended amount, and the primary purpose of the pre-arranged Fare is to act as the default amount in the event you do not negotiate a different amount. Company agrees to remit to you on at least a weekly basis: (a) the Fare less the applicable Service Fee; (b) the Tolls; and (c) depending on the region, certain ancillary fees. If you and Stroll have separately agreed, Company may deduct other amounts from the Fare prior to remittance to you to include, but not limited to, e.g., vehicle financing payments, lease payments, mobile device usage charges, etc.
- Changes to Fare Calculation. Company reserves the right to change the Fare Calculation at any time in Company’s discretion based upon local market factors, and Company will provide you with notice in the event of such change that would result in a change in the recommended Fare for each instance of completed Transportation Services. Continued use of the Stroll Services after any such change in the Fare Calculation shall constitute your consent to such change.
- Fare Adjustment. Company reserves the right to: (i) adjust the Fare for a particular instance of Transportation Services (e.g., you took an inefficient route, you fail to properly end a particular instance of Transportation Services in the Driver App, technical error in the Stroll Services, etc.); or (ii) cancel the Fare for a particular instance of Transportation Services (e.g., User is charged for Transportation Services that were not provided, in the event of a User complaint, fraud, etc.). Company’s decision to reduce or cancel the Fare in any such manner shall be exercised in a reasonable manner.
- Service Fee. In consideration of Company’s provision of the Driver App and the Stroll Services for your use and benefit hereunder, you agree to pay the Company a service fee on a per Transportation Services transaction basis calculated as a percentage of the Fare, as provided or otherwise made available by the Company from time to time for the applicable Territory (“Service Fee”). In the event regulations applicable to your Territory require taxes to be imputed in the Fare, Company shall calculate the Service Fee based on the Fare net of such taxes. Company reserves the right to change the Service Fee at any time in Company’s discretion based upon local market factors, and Company will provide you with notice in the event of such change. Continued use of the Stroll Services after any such change in the Service Fee calculation shall constitute your consent to such change.
- Cancellation Charges. You acknowledge and agree that Users may elect to cancel requests for Transportation Services that have been accepted by you via the Driver App at any time prior to your arrival. In the event that a User cancels an accepted request for Transportation Services, Company may charge the User a cancellation fee on your behalf. If charged, this cancellation fee shall be deemed the Fare for the canceled Transportation Services for the purpose of remittance to you hereunder. Company will only pay a cancellation fee to you if the cancellation fee is collected from the customer.
- Receipts. As part of the Stroll Services, Company provides you a system for the delivery of receipts to Users for Transportation Services rendered. Upon your completion of Transportation Services for a User, Company prepares an applicable receipt and issues such receipt to the User via email on your behalf. Receipts include the breakdown of amounts charged to the User for Transportation Services and may include specific information about you, including your name, contact information and photo, as well as a map of the route you took. Any corrections to a User’s receipt for Transportation Services must be submitted to Company in writing within three (3) business days after the completion of such Transportation Services. Absent such a notice, Company shall not be liable for any mistakes in or corrections to the receipt or for recalculation or disbursement of the Fare.
- No Additional Amounts. You acknowledge and agree that, for the mutual benefit of the parties, through advertising and marketing, Company and its Affiliates may seek to attract new Users to Stroll and to increase existing Users’ use of Stroll’s mobile application. You acknowledge and agree such advertising or marketing does not entitle you to any additional monetary amounts beyond the amounts expressly set forth in this Agreement.
- Taxes. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for remitting all applicable gross receipts, sales and use, excise or any other transaction tax on the provision of Transportation Services.
- Article 5: Proprietary Rights; License
- License Grant. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-assignable license, during the term of this Agreement, to use the Stroll Services (including the Driver App on a Device) solely for the purpose of providing Transportation Services to Users and tracking resulting Fares and Fees. All rights
- Restrictions. You shall not, and shall not allow any other party to: (a) license, sublicense, sell, resell, transfer, assign, distribute or otherwise provide or make available to any other party the Stroll Services, Driver App or any Company Device in any way; (b) modify or make derivative works based upon the Stroll Services or Driver App; (c) improperly use the Stroll Services or Driver App, including creating Internet “links” to any part of the Stroll Services or Driver App, “framing” or “mirroring” any part of the Stroll Services or Driver App on any other websites or systems, or “scraping” or otherwise improperly obtaining data from the Stroll Services or Driver App; (d) reverse engineer, decompile, modify, or disassemble the Stroll Services or Driver App, except as allowed under applicable law; or (e) send Spam or otherwise duplicative or unsolicited messages. In addition, you shall not, and shall not allow any other party to, access or use the Stroll Services or Driver App to: (i) design or develop a competitive or substantially similar product or service; (ii) copy or extract any features, functionality, or content thereof; (iii) launch or cause to be launched on or in connection with the Stroll Services an automated program or script, including web spiders, crawlers, robots, indexers, bots, viruses or worms, or any program which may make multiple server requests per second, or unduly burden or hinder the operation and/or performance of the Stroll Services; or (iv) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Stroll Services or its related systems or networks.
- Ownership. The Stroll Services, Driver App and Company Data, including all intellectual property rights therein, and the Company Devices are and shall remain (as between you and Company) the property of Company. Neither this Agreement nor your use of the Stroll Services, Driver App or Company Data conveys or grants to you any rights:
- in or related to the Stroll Services, Driver App or Company Data, except for the limited license granted above; or
- to use or reference in any manner Company’s, its Affiliates’, or their respective licensors’ company names, logos, product and service names, trademarks, services marks or other indicia of ownership.
- Article 6: Confidentiality
- Each party acknowledges and agrees that in the performance of this Agreement it may have access to or may be exposed to, directly or indirectly, confidential information of the other party (“Confidential Information”). Confidential Information includes Company Data, Driver IDs, User Information, and the transaction volume, marketing and business plans, business, financial, technical, operational and such other non-public information of each party that such party designates as being proprietary or confidential or of which the other party should reasonably know that it should be treated as confidential.
- Each party acknowledges and agrees that: (a) all Confidential Information shall remain the exclusive property of the disclosing party; (b) it shall not use Confidential Information of the other party for any purpose except in furtherance of this Agreement; (c) it shall not disclose Confidential Information of the other party to any third party, except to its employees, officers, contractors, agents and service providers (“Permitted Persons”) as necessary to perform under this Agreement, provided Permitted Persons are bound in writing to obligations of confidentiality and non-use no less protective than the terms hereof; and (d) it shall return or destroy all Confidential Information of the disclosing party, upon the termination of this Agreement or at the request of the other party (subject to applicable law and, with respect to Company, its internal record-keeping requirements).
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall be defined to exclude any information to the extent it: (a) is or becomes part of the public domain through no act or omission on the part of the receiving party; (b) was possessed by the receiving party prior to the date of this Agreement without an obligation of confidentiality; (c) is disclosed to the receiving party by a third party having no obligation of confidentiality with respect thereto; or (d) is required to be disclosed pursuant to law, court order, subpoena or governmental authority, provided the receiving party notifies the disclosing party thereof and provides the disclosing party a reasonable opportunity to contest or limit such required disclosure.
VII. Article 7: Privacy
- Disclosure of Your Information. Subject to applicable law and regulation, Company and its Affiliates may, but shall not be required to, provide to you, a User, an insurance company and/or relevant authorities and/or regulatory agencies any information (including personal information (e.g., information obtained about you through any background check) and any Company Data) about you or any Transportation Services provided hereunder if: (a) there is a complaint, dispute or conflict, including an accident, between you and a User; (b) it is necessary to enforce the terms of this Agreement; (c) it is required, in Company’s or any Affiliate’s sole discretion, by applicable law or regulatory requirements (e.g., Company or its Affiliates receive a subpoena, warrant, or other legal process for information); or (d) it is necessary, in Company’s or any Affiliate’s sole discretion, to protect the safety, rights, property or security of Company or its Affiliates, the Stroll Services or any third party; to protect the safety of the public for any reason; to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and/or to prevent or stop activity Company or its Affiliates, in their sole discretion, may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity).
- Information provided by you and collected about you may be transferred or accessed by Company and its Affiliates around the world, including in jurisdictions that may have less protective privacy laws than your country. Company and its Affiliates located in the U.S. abide by the Safe Harbor frameworks set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information collected by organizations in the European Economic Area and Switzerland. You expressly consent to Company’s and its Affiliates’ use of location-based services and you expressly waive and release Company and its Affiliates from any and all liability, claims, causes of action or damages arising from your use of the Stroll Services, or in any way relating to the use of the geo-location and other location-based services.
- Company and its Affiliates may collect your personal data during the course of your application for, and use of, the Stroll Services, which information may be stored, processed, and accessed by Company and its Affiliates for business purposes, including for marketing, lead generation, service development and improvement, analytics, industry and market research, and such other purposes consistent with Company’s and its Affiliates’ legitimate business needs. You expressly consent to such use of personal data.
VIII. Article 8: Insurance
- You agree to maintain during the term of this Agreement on all Vehicles operated by you under this Agreement automobile liability insurance that provides protection against bodily injury and property damage to third parties at levels of coverage that satisfy the minimum requirements to operate a private passenger vehicle on the public roads within the Territory. This coverage must also include any no-fault coverage required by law in the Territory that may not be waived by an insured. You agree to provide Company and its Affiliates a copy of the insurance policy, policy declarations, proof of insurance identification card and proof of premium payment for the insurance policy required in this Article 8 Section A upon request. Furthermore, you must provide Company with written notice of cancellation of any insurance policy required by Company. Company shall have no right to control your selection or maintenance of your policy. You must be a named insured or individually rated driver, for which a premium is charged, on the insurance policy required in this Article 8 Section A at all times.
- If permitted by applicable law, you may choose to insure yourself against industrial injuries by maintaining occupational accident insurance in place of workers’ compensation insurance. Furthermore, if permitted by applicable law, you may choose not to insure yourself against industrial injuries at all, but do so at your own risk.
- You understand and acknowledge that your personal automobile insurance policy may not afford liability, comprehensive, collision, medical payments, personal injury protection, uninsured motorist, underinsured motorist, or other coverage for the Transportation Services you provide pursuant to this Agreement. If you have any questions or concerns about the scope or applicability of your own insurance coverage, it is your responsibility, not Company’s, to resolve them with your insurer(s).
- Company may maintain during the term of this Agreement any reasonable policy of insurance related to your provision of Transportation Services as determined by Company in its reasonable discretion, provided that Company and its Affiliates are not required to provide you with any specific insurance coverage for any loss to you or your Vehicle.
- You are required to promptly notify Company of any accidents that occur while providing Transportation Services and to cooperate and provide all necessary information related thereto.
- Article 9: Representations and Warranties; Disclaimers
- By You. You hereby represent and warrant that: (a) you have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and perform your obligations hereunder; (b) you have not entered into, and during the term will not enter into, any agreement that would prevent you from complying with this Agreement; and (c) you will comply with all applicable laws in your performance of this Agreement, including holding and complying with all permits, licenses, registrations and other governmental authorizations necessary to provide: (i) Transportation Services using the Vehicles pursuant to this Agreement, and (ii) passenger transportation services to third parties in the Territory generally.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES PROVIDE, AND YOU ACCEPT, THE STROLL SERVICES, DRIVER APP AND THE COMPANY DEVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE STROLL SERVICES, DRIVER APP OR THE COMPANY DEVICES: (B) WILL RESULT IN COMPANY AND ITS GENERATION AND REPRESENTATIONS, OR INACTIONS OF (A) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; OR ANY REQUESTS FOR TRANSPORTATION SERVICES. AFFILIATES FUNCTION AS AN ON-DEMAND LEAD RELATED SERVICE ONLY AND MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES AS TO THE ACTIONS THE USERS WHO MAY REQUEST OR RECEIVE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES FROM YOU, AND COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT SCREEN OR OTHERWISE EVALUATE USERS. BY USING THE STROLL SERVICES AND DRIVER APP, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU MAY BE INTRODUCED TO A THIRD PARTY THAT MAY POSE HARM OR RISK TO YOU OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. YOU ARE ADVISED TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS WITH RESPECT TO INTERACTIONS WITH THIRD PARTIES ENCOUNTERED IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE STROLL SERVICES OR DRIVER APP. NOTWITHSTANDING COMPANY’S APPOINTMENT AS THE LIMITED PAYMENT COLLECTION AGENT OF YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF ACCEPTING PAYMENT FROM USERS ON YOUR BEHALF AS SET FORTH IN ARTICLE 4 ABOVE, COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF YOU, ANY USER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY.
- No Service Guarantee. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT GUARANTEE THE AVAILABILITY OR UPTIME OF THE STROLL SERVICES OR DRIVER APP. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE STROLL SERVICES OR DRIVER APP MAY BE UNAVAILABLE AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON (e.g., DUE TO SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE OR NETWORK FAILURE). FURTHER, THE STROLL SERVICES OR DRIVER APP MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, AND COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGES, LIABILITIES OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS.
- Article 10: Indemnification. You shall indemnify, defend (at Company’s option) and hold harmless Company and its Affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including reasonable legal fees), damages, penalties, fines, social contributions and taxes arising out of or related to: (a) your breach of your representations, warranties or obligations under this Agreement; or (b) a claim by a third party (including Users, regulators and governmental authorities) directly or indirectly related to your provision of Transportation Services or use of the STROLL Services.
- Article 11: Limits of Liability. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF POSSIBILITY EXISTS OF SUCH DAMAGES: (i) ANY INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY TYPE OR KIND; OR (ii) YOUR OR ANY THIRD PARTY’S PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR LOSS OR INACCURACY OF DATA, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE. EXCEPT FOR COMPANY’S OBLIGATIONS TO PAY AMOUNTS DUE TO YOU PURSUANT TO ARTICLE 4 ABOVE, BUT SUBJECT TO ANY LIMITATIONS OR OTHER PROVISIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT WHICH ARE APPLICABLE THERETO, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF SERVICE FEES ACTUALLY PAID TO OR DUE TO COMPANY HEREUNDER IN THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM.
- Article 12: Term and Termination
- Term. This Agreement shall commence on the date executed or accepted by you and shall continue until terminated as set forth herein.
B. Termination. Either party may terminate this Agreement: (a) without cause at any time upon seven (7) days prior written notice to the other party; (b) immediately, without notice, for the other party’s material breach of this Agreement; or (c) immediately, without notice, in the event of the insolvency or bankruptcy of the other party, or upon the other party’s filing or submission of request for suspension of payment (or similar action or event) against the terminating party. In addition, Company may terminate this Agreement or deactivate your Driver ID immediately, without notice, with respect to you, in the event you no longer qualify, under applicable law or the standards and policies of Company and its Affiliates, to provide Transportation Services or to operate the Vehicle, or as otherwise set forth in this Agreement.
C. Effect of Termination. Upon termination of the Agreement, you shall: (a) promptly return to Company all Company Devices and Equipment; and (b) immediately delete and fully remove the Driver App from any of Your Devices. Outstanding payment obligations and pursuant to this Agreement and/or its Articles 1, 2C, 2E, 3, 4G, 4H, 5C, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12C, 13, 14 and 15 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
- Article 13: Independent Contractor Relationship of the Parties
- Except as otherwise expressly provided herein with respect to Company acting as the limited payment collection agent solely for the purpose of collecting payment from Users on your behalf, the relationship between the parties under this Agreement is solely that of independent contractors.
The parties expressly agree that: (a) this Agreement is not an employment agreement, nor does it create an employment relationship, between Company and you; and (b) no joint venture, partnership, or agency relationship exists between Company and you.
- You have no authority to bind Company or its Affiliates and you agree not to hold yourself out as an employee, agent or authorized representative of Company or its Affiliates. Where, by implication of mandatory law or otherwise, you may be deemed an agent or representative of Company, you undertake and agree to indemnify, defend (at Company’s option) and hold Company and its Affiliates harmless from and against any claims by any person or entity based on such implied agency or representative relationship.
XIV. Article 14: Miscellaneous Terms
- Modification. Company reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, effective upon publishing an updated version of this Agreement on the portal available to you on the Stroll Services. Company reserves the right to modify any information referenced at hyperlinks from this Agreement from time to time. You hereby acknowledge and agree that, by using the Stroll Services, or downloading, installing or using the Driver App, you are bound by any future amendments and additions to this Agreement, information referenced at hyperlinks herein, or documents incorporated herein, including with respect to Fare Calculations. Continued use of the Stroll Services or Driver App after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. Unless changes are made to the arbitration provisions herein, you acknowledge and agree that modification of this Agreement does not create a renewed opportunity to opt out of arbitration.
- Supplemental Terms. Supplemental terms may apply to your use of the Stroll Services, such as use policies or terms related to certain features and functionality, which may be modified from time to time (“Supplemental Terms”). You may be presented with certain Supplemental Terms from time to time. Supplemental Terms are in addition to, and shall be deemed a part of, this Agreement. Supplemental Terms shall prevail over this Agreement in the event of a conflict.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is or becomes invalid or non-binding, the parties shall remain bound by all other provisions hereof. In that event, the parties shall replace the invalid or non-binding provision with provisions that are valid and binding and that have, to the greatest extent possible, a similar effect as the invalid or non-binding provision, given the contents and purpose of this Agreement.
- No Assignment. Neither party shall assign or transfer this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of the other party; provided that Company may assign or transfer this Agreement or any or all of its rights or obligations under this Agreement from time to time without consent: (a) to an Affiliate; or (b) to an acquirer of all or substantially all of Company’s business, equity or assets.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including all Supplemental Terms, constitutes the entire agreement and understanding of the parties with respect to its subject matter and replaces and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or undertakings regarding such subject matter. In this Agreement, the words “including” and “include” mean “including, but not limited to.”
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. There are no third party beneficiaries to this Agreement. Nothing contained in this Agreement is intended to or shall be interpreted to create any third-party beneficiary claims.
- Notices. Any notice delivered by Company to you under this Agreement will be delivered by email to the email address associated with your account or by posting on the portal available to you on the Stroll Services. Any notice delivered by you to Company under this Agreement will be delivered by contacting Company at http://strollguam.com in the “Contact Us” section. Additional Territory-specific notices may be required from time to time.
- Article 15: Governing Law; Arbitration
- The interpretation of this Agreement shall be governed by U.S. law, without regard to the choice or conflicts of law provisions of any jurisdiction, and any disputes, actions, claims or causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or the Stroll Services shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the territory and federal courts located in the U.S. and or its territories, except as otherwise provided hereinbelow by the Arbitration Provision. However, neither the choice of law provision regarding the interpretation of this Agreement nor the forum selection provision is intended to create any other substantive right to assert claims under U.S. law whether that be by statute, common law, or otherwise.
These provisions are only intended to specify the use of U.S. law to interpret this Agreement and the forum for disputes asserting a breach of this Agreement, and these provisions shall not be interpreted as generally extending U.S. law to you if you do not otherwise reside or provide services in the U.S. and or it’s territories. The failure of Company to enforce any right or provision in this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Company in writing.
- Other than disputes regarding the intellectual property rights of the parties, any disputes, actions, claims or causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or the Stroll Services may be subject to arbitration pursuant to Article 15 Section C.
- Arbitration Provision
- IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING ARBITRATION:
- Arbitration does not limit or affect the legal claims you may bring against the Company. Arbitration only affects where any such claims may be brought and how they will be resolved.
- Arbitration is a process of private dispute resolution that does not involve the civil courts, a civil judge, or a jury. No right to a Trial by Jury or Civil Judge exists. Instead, the parties’ dispute is decided by a private arbitrator selected by the parties using the process set forth herein. Arbitration rules and procedures are set forth herein.
- Unless the law requires otherwise, as determined by the Arbitrator based upon the circumstances presented, you will be required to split the cost of any arbitration with the Company.
- IMPORTANT: This arbitration provision will require you to resolve any claim that you may have against Stroll or the Company on an individual basis pursuant to the terms of the Agreement. This provision will preclude you from bringing any class, collective, or representative action against Stroll or the Company. It also precludes you from participating in or recovering relief under any current or future class, collective, or representative action brought against Stroll or the Company by someone else.
- Cases may be filed in the future involving claims by users of the Service, including by drivers. You should assume that there may be in the future, lawsuits against the Company or Stroll alleging class, collective, and/or representative claims on your behalf, including but not limited to claims for tips, reimbursement of expenses, and employment status. Such claims, if successful, could result in some monetary recovery to you.
- The mere existence of such class, collective, and/or representative lawsuits, however, does not mean that such lawsuits will ultimately succeed. But you are agreeing in advance that you will not participate in
and therefore, will not seek to recover monetary or other relief under any such class, collective, and/or representative lawsuit.
■ As discussed above, you will not be precluded from bringing your claims against Stroll Guam in an individual arbitration proceeding. If successful on such claims, you could be awarded money or other relief by an arbitrator (subject to splitting the cost of arbitration as mentioned above).
WHETHER TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT IS AN IMPORTANT BUSINESS DECISION. IT IS YOUR DECISION TO MAKE, AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY SOLELY UPON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT AS IT IS NOT INTENDED TO CONTAIN A COMPLETE EXPLANATION OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF ARBITRATION.
YOU SHOULD TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO CONDUCT FURTHER RESEARCH AND TO CONSULT WITH OTHERS — INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AN ATTORNEY — REGARDING THE CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR DECISION, JUST AS YOU WOULD WHEN MAKING ANY OTHER IMPORTANT BUSINESS OR LIFE DECISION.
● How This Arbitration Provision Applies. This Arbitration Provision is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1 et seq. (the “FAA”) and evidence of a transaction involving commerce. This Arbitration Provision applies to any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement or termination of the Agreement and survives after the Agreement terminates. Nothing contained in this Arbitration Provision shall be construed to prevent or excuse you from utilizing any procedure for resolution of complaints established in this Agreement (if any), and this Arbitration Provision is not intended to be a substitute for the utilization of such procedures.
● This Arbitration Provision is intended to apply to the resolution of all disputes that otherwise would be resolved in a court of law or before a forum other than arbitration. This Arbitration Provision requires all such disputes to be resolved only by an arbitrator through final and binding arbitration on an individual basis only and not by way of court or jury trial, or by way of class, collective, or representative action. Such disputes include without limitation disputes arising out of or relating to interpretation or application of this Arbitration Provision, including the enforceability, revocability or validity of the Arbitration Provision or any portion of the Arbitration Provision. All such matters shall be decided by an Arbitrator and not by a court or judge or jury. Except as it otherwise provides, this Arbitration Provision also applies, without limitation, to disputes arising out of or related to this Agreement and disputes arising out of or related to your relationship with the Company, including termination of the relationship. This
Arbitration Provision also applies, without limitation, to disputes regarding any territory, state or federal wage-hour law, trade secrets, unfair competition, compensation, breaks and rest periods, expense reimbursement, termination, harassment and claims arising under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans With Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (except for claims for employee benefits under any benefit plan sponsored by the Company and covered by the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 or funded by insurance), Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act, and state statutes, if any, addressing the same or similar subject matters, and all other similar federal and state statutory and common law claims. This Agreement is intended to require arbitration of every claim or dispute that can be lawfully arbitrated, except for those claims and disputes which by the terms of this Agreement are expressly excluded from the Arbitration Provision. The parties expressly agree that Stroll is an intended third-party beneficiary of this Arbitration Provision.
● The disputes and claims set forth below shall not be subject to arbitration and the requirement to arbitrate set forth in this Arbitration Provision shall not apply:
● Regardless of any other terms of this Arbitration Provision, claims may be brought before and remedies awarded by an administrative agency, if applicable law permits access to such an agency, notwithstanding the existence of an agreement to arbitrate. Such administrative claims include without limitation claims or charges brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (www.eeoc.gov), the U.S. Department of Labor (www.dol.gov), the National Labor Relations Board (www.nlrb.gov), or the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (www.dol.gov/esa/ofccp). Nothing in this Arbitration Provision shall be deemed to preclude or excuse a party from bringing an administrative claim before any agency in order to fulfill the party’s obligation to exhaust administrative remedies before making a claim in arbitration;
● Disputes that may not be subject to predispute arbitration agreement as provided by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Public Law 111-203) are excluded from the coverage of this Arbitration Provision; Disputes regarding your, the Company’s, or Stroll’s intellectual property rights. This Arbitration Provision shall not be construed to require the arbitration of any claims against a contractor that may not be the subject of a mandatory arbitration agreement as provided by section 8116 of the Department of Defense (“DoD”) Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2010 (Pub. L. 111-118), section 8102 of the Department of Defense (“DoD”) Appropriations Act for Fiscal Year 2011 (Pub. L. 112- 10, Division A), and their implementing regulations, or any successor DoD appropriations act addressing the arbitrability of claims.
● Selecting The Arbitrator and Location of the Arbitration. The Arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of the Company and you. Unless you and the Company mutually agree otherwise, the Arbitrator shall be an attorney licensed to practice in the location where the arbitration proceeding will be conducted or a retired federal or state judicial officer who presided in the jurisdiction where the arbitration will be conducted. If the Parties cannot agree on an Arbitrator, then an arbitrator will be selected using the alternate strike method from a list of five (5) neutral arbitrators provided by PAMS (Pacific Arbitration & Mediation Services). You will have the option of making the first strike. If a PAMS arbitrator is used, then the PAMS Arbitration Rules & Procedures rules will apply. The location of the arbitration proceeding shall be no more than 45 miles from the place where you last provided transportation services under this Agreement, unless each party to the arbitration agrees in writing otherwise.
● Starting The Arbitration. All claims in arbitration are subject to the same statutes of limitation that would apply in court. The party bringing the claim must demand arbitration in writing and deliver the written demand by hand or first class mail to the other party within the applicable statute of limitations period. The demand for arbitration shall include identification of the Parties, a statement of the legal and factual basis of the claim(s), and a specification of the remedy sought. The arbitrator shall resolve all disputes regarding the timeliness or propriety of the demand for arbitration. A party may apply to a court of competent jurisdiction for temporary or preliminary injunctive relief in connection with an arbitrable controversy, but only upon the ground that the award in required Arbitration to which that party may be entitled may be rendered ineffectual without such provisional relief.
● How Arbitration Proceedings Are Conducted. In arbitration, the Parties will have the right to conduct, bring dispositive motions, and present witnesses and evidence as needed to present their cases and defenses, and any disputes in this regard shall be resolved by the Arbitrator. You and the Company agree to resolve any dispute in arbitration on an individual basis only, and not on a class, collective, or private attorney general representative action basis. The Arbitrator shall have no authority to consider or resolve any claim or issue any relief on any basis other than an individual basis. If at any point this provision is determined to be unenforceable, the parties agree that this provision shall not be severable, unless it is determined that the Arbitration may still proceed on an individual basis only. While the Company will not take any retaliatory action in response to any exercise of rights you may have under Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act, if any, the Company shall not be precluded from moving to enforce its rights under the FAA to compel arbitration on the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
● Paying For The Arbitration. Each party will pay the fees for his, her or its own attorneys, subject to any remedies to which that party may later be entitled under applicable law (i.e., a party prevails on a claim that provides for the award of reasonable attorney fees to the prevailing party). If under applicable law the Company is not required to pay all of the Arbitrator’s and/or arbitration fees, such fee(s) will be apportioned equally between the Parties or as otherwise required by applicable law. Any disputes in that regard will be resolved by the Arbitrator.
● The Arbitration Hearing And Award. The Parties will arbitrate their dispute before the Arbitrator, who shall confer with the Parties regarding the conduct of the hearing and resolve any disputes the Parties may have in that regard. Within 30 days of the close of the arbitration hearing, or within a longer period of time as agreed to by the Parties or as ordered by the Arbitrator, any party will have the right to prepare, serve on the other party and file with the Arbitrator a brief. The Arbitrator may award any party any remedy to which that party is entitled under applicable law, but such remedies shall be limited to those that would be available to a party in his or her individual capacity in a court of law for the claims presented to and decided by the Arbitrator, and no remedies that otherwise would be available to an individual in a court of law will be forfeited by virtue of this Arbitration Provision. The Arbitrator will issue a decision or award in writing, stating the essential findings of fact and conclusions of law. Except as may be permitted or required by law, as determined by the Arbitrator, neither a party nor an Arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration hereunder without the prior written consent of all Parties. A court of competent jurisdiction shall have the authority to enter a judgment upon the award made pursuant to the arbitration.
● Enforcement Of This Agreement. This Arbitration Provision is the full and complete agreement relating to the formal resolution of disputes arising out of this Agreement. Except as stated above, in the event any portion of this Arbitration Provision is deemed unenforceable, the remainder of this Arbitration Provision will be enforceable.
By clicking “I accept” or signing below, you expressly acknowledge that you have read, understood, and taken steps to thoughtfully consider the consequences of this Agreement, that you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Agreement, and that you are legally competent to enter into this Agreement with the Company.